(copyright Lucky Spool Media, LLC: 2017 Kurt Griesbach)
Hey friends! I am so excited today to share a little about Kristi’s (@initialkstudio on Instagram, http://www.initialkstudio.com ) new book with you. She had me at pretty pictures, travel info and minimalist modern designs. The deal was cinched when I got to meet the author at the latest Quiltcon. Kristi is sweet, humble and a hard worker. I love all of the above.
There are so many great designs to pick from in this book. I settled finally on her Chimney Trail pattern and used some fabric I had indigo dyed last year. I love the organic vibe the hand dyed fabric brings to the very geometric design and think it stays true to the Southwestern theme.
I backed the quilt with white quilting cotton and machine quilted horizontal lines. At the last minute I decided to add some randomly spaced vertical stitching with traditional sashiko thread and needle. I ran out of time to hand quilt as densely as I would like but will probably add some more with time. There were a few blocks leftover when I was done that I decided to stitch together and made up some organic pillows. I can see this combo being well used in the summer weather.
Kristi’s designs are beautiful to gaze upon and her instructions make them easy to make. I am excited to share a book with one blog reader.
1. Follow me (@entropyalwayswins ) and @initialkstudio on instagram
2. You must comment on the blog post to be entered to win. Bonus entries occur for those who comment on my Instagram post.
3. The winner will be announced Monday, March 12th at 5 pm.
- March 8th Mathew Boudreaux of Mister Domestic
- March 9th Rebecca Bryan of Bryan House Quilts
- March 10th Suzy Williams of Suzy Quilts
- March 11th ME
Also note, that Kristi is having a Grand Prize Giveaway at the end of the blog hop courtesy of the following sponsors.
2. FQ bundle by Robert Kaufman
3. FQ bundle by Me & You Fabrics
4. Southwest Modern Thread Collection by Aurifil